By Andrea Hulihan
We’re a few months into the New Year and whether you made a New Year’s resolution and decided to go on a diet, learn a new language, or try to get more sleep, we have the Top 5 apps and a
phone gadget to get you through 2014.
1. Sleep Cycle App - Have you ever woken up feeling completely wrecked when the alarm clock goes off, yet you have slept “enough” hours? When this happens, you have probably been awakened during a sleep phase, and now your day will be spent walking around like a zombie. Sleep Cycle is a bio-alarm clock that analyzes your sleep patterns and wakes you up at your lightest sleep phase. During the night you go from light sleep to deep sleep, and sometimes entering a dream state. The Sleep Cycle alarm clock is able to use the accelerometer on your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in. I highly recommend getting this app for $0.99; for a good nights sleep, you cant beat the price!
2. Photo Wonder App - Hitting over 100 million people in 218 countries, winning the best app award and coming in among the top 5 photo and video apps downloaded I introduce to you Photo Wonder. This app can make any unflattering photo look better. You can give yourself a complete makeover. Is that New Years resolution of dieting not working out that good for you? Well no worries, the “thinify” option on this app can make the fat disappear in no time. Want to remove those wrinkles and give yourself a much younger look? With “Photo Wonder”, it takes no effort. Got caught with no makeup on? Don’t worry, just use the “glow” option and that gives you an instant glow. This is a great free app for photos and, I highly recommend it.
3. Duolingo Language Learning App - A fun, free, and easy app to learn languages. Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages. You can learn any language from Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Hungarian, Turkish and English. Challenge your friends and move up in levels while learning new phrases and words.
4. Couple Me App - Couple is a more intimate way to share your life, and the best way to stay in touch with your favorite person! It’s free, fun and completely private! I think it’s a great app for long distance relationships. You can share videos, pics, and even let your love one know where you are. This app is a fun one to check out.
5. QuizUp Trivia Game App - This new trivia game might just take over as another big hit like Angry Birds and Candy Crush. This game is the hottest new thing out in 2014. Join over 10 million people who love to play QuizUp! Connect with others from around the world or challenge your friends in the newest and largest real-time game, ever. With over 150,000 questions and 350 topics, QuizUp will keep you entertained for hours.
*Stay on the lookout for the Typo Keyboard by Ryan Seacrest- a piece of hardware for the iPhone 5 and 5s that turns an Apple handset into a makeshift Blackberry Q10, complete with backlight and sculpted keys that cover up the iPhones home button.